Juna has four double rooms(also for single use)in the second floor. There is no elevator.
The furniture and objects have been chosen in the markets and in our homes. We have tried to recreate a "home" that may convey harmony, warmth and respect for environment.
Each room has a private bathroom with a shower. The heating is independent and can be adjusted for your comfort. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioner.
Each room, inspired by a different colour and styling, is finely furnished and equipped with all comforts such as cloakroom with shower, courtesy set, handmade soaps (Le Officinali di Eleonora), slippers, linen and towels service made in Italy (Rivolta Carmignani), hairdryer, a little bottle of perfume "Profumo di Juna" and Wi-Fi.
The rooms (clock, obelisk, bridge and springs) take their name from architectural elements or places of Aurisina present in the images of the vintage postcards belonging to a collection of "our" Walter.
the "Bridge" room
The construction of the bridge-viaduct dominating the town is dating back to 1860 and is one of the most demanding urban projects related to the construction of the railway Udine – Aurisina. The viaduct, constructed with the precious stone blocks of Aurisina, is 645 meters long and has 42 arcades. The monumental bridge-viaduct has strongly affected the town setup.
The bell tower of the San Rocco church with its clock marking the rhythm of the town is one of the characterizing elements of the square of Aurisina. The church, consacrated in 1604, was renovated in 1760.
In 1899 in front of the Church of San Rocco the monument dedicated to the Emperor Francesco Giuseppe was build, surmounted by the sculpture of the Hapsburg eagle. Behind the monument a row of cypress shadowed the façade of the church. Between 1918 and 1921, the imperial eagle was removed and the whole monument was later dismantled.
The sources of Aurisina, used since 1857 for the Trieste water supply, spring from the underground basin of the Karst plateau. The acqueduct facilities of Aurisina have been working until 1977. The water springs above sea level from nine different sources, known since ancient times.